Q. Why is there an unusual sense of something inside my urethra while urinating?

Answered by Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on E.coli Infection or Urinary Tract Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 33-year-old male. I have problems in my private parts. Sometimes, I sense slight numbness, slight pain in testis with coldness. But all this sensation does not last long. There is mild fever with tiredness and fatigue. Sometimes, I sense something inside my urethra while urinating. It is not there always. So, I went to a doctor a month ago. He suggested me to get a urine culture and sensitivity test. I got the test report after four days.

The report shows infection of E. coli. Currently, I am on Ciprofloxacin and disodium hydrogen citrate for the last seven days but to no avail. Kindly suggest the ways and means how to get rid of this E. coli infection. I have had an ultrasound twice, twice blood tests, twice urine tests, X-ray and done a urine culture and sensitivity test, physical examination of the private parts done. But lastly, the urine culture and sensitivity test had detected infection of E. coli. Please help.