Q. I have rashes that appear only in the evening. What can it be?

Dr. Shaunak Patel
Published on Feb 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 21, 2019

I am getting rashes on my skin regularly that keeps itching too much. It gets cured after every 6-8 hours. Again the rashes appear in the evening. Please help.

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have checked your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You are having hives and this is acute urticaria.

Take tablet Dazit M (Desloratadine) once at bedtime for 10 days in a row. In the daytime take tablet Allegra 180 mg (Fexofenadine) once after breakfast.

Avoid sour foods, milk, curd and nuts.

Consider intramuscular injection of Kenacort-40 (Triamcinolone acetonide) and repeat it every 25 days for the next three months.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Are dermatographism and hives similar?

Query: Hi doctor, I went to a dermatologist last week, and she told me that I have dermographism. It started last month. How long does it take to go away? I have little bumps in my stomach such as hives, just like a pimple. I have a doubt, can hives pop like a little simple bump or only occur in clusters?...  Read Full »

What medication should I take for my skin rashes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been experiencing skin rashes, as shown in the attached photo, for the past three weeks. It all started with itching sensation in both hands, and then red spots came all over my arms, face, and legs. I have also itching in my head. I was given Avil injection at the hospital and Avi...  Read Full »

Does Itching Disturb Your Regular Activities?

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the diagnosis and management of severe itching. Read Article

Nowadays itching is a major problem or symptom of most of the allergic, systemic or fungal diseases. 4 out of 10 people have had some type of itching problem of the skin in their routine life. Severe itch also disturbs regular activities of daily living of mankind. What is Itching? Itching is de...  Read Article