Q. Please suggest me the best option to remove fibroids.

Dr. Prerna Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2020

I am a 39 year old unmarried female. I am having multiple fibroids. I would like to know the treatment for this disease. I am having pain and heavy bleeding during menses. Is there any medication through which fibroids can be eliminated? Or should I undergo any surgery? Can it be done through laparoscopy? As I am unmarried, will there any problem after marriage? I have got the ultrasound done and uploading the report here for your reference. Please suggest me the best option.

Dr. Prerna Gupta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• From your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I understood that you have multiple fibroids, mainly intramural and subserosal and a submucosal one that is inside the cavity.
  • All the other fibroids can be shrunken with medicines, but not the submucosal one. So, I will prefer a surgery known as hysteroscopic myomectomy for it. This will definitely reduce bleeding.
  • Because of fibroids and your age, there might be difficulties in conception.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I am so grateful for your reply. How long it will take to cure?

Dr. Prerna Gupta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• You need a hospital stay of one or two days and it will take a week for you to recover. For the procedure, you need to meet your gynecologist just after your periods.

|