Q. Uterine fibroid is pushing the endometrial cavity. Can I conceive?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
This is a premium question & answer published on May 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Recently, I have been diagnosed with uterine fibroid with submucosal extension. Following are the results: The Uterus is retroverted and measured 10.9 x 8.8 x 8.7 cm. It is bulky. An intramural fibroid of 6.8 x 5.6 x 6.0 cm is also seen in the posterior wall. The fibroid is pushing the endometrial cavity anteriorly in the mid segment. What about my pregnancy?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

Since the fibroid is comparatively big in size and bulging into endometrial cavity, it should be removed.

Laparoscopic myomectomy is a better option.

Chances of conception will be more after removal since it is posterior meaning behind uterus. If it enlarge then your uterus will also retrovert more.

So, I suggest you to consult a gynecologist and preferably laparoscopic surgery may be done.

For further clarifications consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|