Q. I have lower back pain along with the pressure in the groin area. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 10, 2021 and last reviewed on: Mar 09, 2021

I am having lower back pain, along with pressure in the groin area. The pain started about two months ago and is quickly getting worse. I get tired easily, sleep all day whenever I can, and my legs get swollen when I walk, particularly my knees and feet. I told my doctor about this three weeks ago. I had a urine test done, the first urine culture had bacteria, white and red blood cells, but the day after, the same sample was tested again, and everything was normal, so I am not getting any help, and the pain is increasing daily. Recently I got diagnosed with thrombocytosis last week, and I do not know if it is related to my current issue. What do I do?

#

We are here to help you.

It seems you are suffering from a urinary tract infection (UTI) secondary to stones in the ureter.

Mostly recurrent burning urination, flank pain are due to ureteric colic only.

In most cases, ureteric stone can precipitate urinary tract infection (UTI). Diabetes should also be ruled out in case of UTI.

So, you should get an ultrasound abdomen and urine culture. If ultrasound is normal, you should go ahead with CT Scan. If any stone is found, you would be treated based on the size, site of the stone. Also important here is to get a fasting blood sugar tested to rule out diabetes that can cause UTI.

If a urine infection is found, you would be given antibiotics based on the culture report.

For acute pain relief, you can take Drotaverine Hydrochloride tablets.

Share my opinion with your doctor.

If you have any further queries, please ask me.

Stay Healthy.

|