Q. How to use Clotrimazole cream for a vaginal infection?

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

I am 20-years-old female. I am diagnosed with a vaginal yeast infection. Doctor gave me Clotrimazole cream, but she did not tell me when to use and how much time I should keep it in my vagina, and should I wash it after some time?

Please tell me when I should apply it and how much time I should keep it in my vagina. And also, should I leave it like that or wash it after application?

Please reply.

#

I understand your concern.

Candid-V cream (Clotrimazole) for vaginal use comes with a vaginal applicator. So, kindly buy it with a vaginal applicator. With the applicator, fill up to the mark on it. Before applying, wash your intimate area and pat dry it. Lie down on the bed on your back with legs folded at knee and hip and then insert the applicator into the vaginal canal and push the plunger to release the cream into the vaginal cavity. Also, apply locally around the vaginal opening. You do not have to wash the cream as it will get absorbed into the skin. This has to be done thrice daily for seven days.

I hope this was useful.

|