Q. I am getting white vaginal discharge. Is it due to ovulation or infection?

My vaginal opening is white, and I have so much of discharge coming out. I am sexually active. I feel like my vagina is really large. I looked at my underwear and it was just filled with a paste-like discharge. I know I am ovulating. But I am worried when I look down there as I see a white discharge in my hole. When I wiped it by myself, it does not have any smell. It smelled regular. Is this a regular ovulation discharge or an infection? I have no itching, and there is no pain.

Do you have a question on Vaginal Discharge or Vaginal Swab?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., MS (OBS/GYNAE)., FMAS., DMAS., FELLOWSHIP IS ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES
Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The white discharge is thick curdy. Candida infection causes the same. However, in the absence of itching or foul smell, it is recommended that you get a high vaginal swab culture test done to check for any possible infection first. If it is negative, it is likely a cervical mucus discharge during ovulation, and it can be controlled by using alkaline vaginal washes twice a day.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What is the problem for having vaginal discharge, itching and irritation while peeing?
Query: Hi doctor, I have bleeding after sex. I have pain while having sex. I have vaginal discharge and irritation while peeing and itching. Is this an infection or something else? I took an Unwanted 72 before three days.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post-coital bleeding often occurs due to cervical erosions or cervicitis. It shows increased vaginal discharge, and it can lead to secondary urinary tract infection with burning sensation and irritation during urination. So meet your gynecologist for a speculum examinat...  Read Full »

What does waterlike vaginal discharge indicate?
Query: Hi doctor, My aunt is 31 years old and had her uterus removed 11 years ago. From then she never had the periods nor any discharge. It was all alright until a month ago. She had suddenly started experiencing waterlike vaginal discharge which is little smelly, and it hurts in stomach sometimes. When s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there were few more facts about your aunt regarding the indication for uterus removal, any follow-ups, diabetic status, her sexual life, etc., would have been helpful. At the age of 31 years, the most probable cause is an infection. I put forth the possibilities a...  Read Full »

How long does it take to treat candida albicans?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with candida albicans in the throat through an endoscopy. I had a sore throat in the beginning and was misdiagnosed and given antibiotics which made things worse. I have been on Nystatin twice a day 5 ml each and Betadine twice a day for two weeks now. I have als...  Read Full »
Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.Since already you have been diagnosed with candida infection there is no problem in taking one more tablet of Diflucan if you do not have any other comorbid conditions. If you want you can also try Clotrimazole oral paint for the same. The time taken depends upon your i...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now