I experience excessive white vaginal discharge. Kindly help.

Q. I am getting white vaginal discharge. Is it due to ovulation or infection?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 03, 2024 and last reviewed on: Feb 12, 2024

My vaginal opening is white, and I have so much of discharge coming out. I am sexually active. I feel like my vagina is really large. I looked at my underwear and it was just filled with a paste-like discharge. I know I am ovulating. But I am worried when I look down there as I see a white discharge in my hole. When I wiped it by myself, it did not have any smell. It smelled regular. Is this a regular ovulation discharge or an infection? I have no itching, and there is no pain. Thank you.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The white discharge is thick curdy. Candida infection causes the same. However, in the absence of itching or foul smell, it is recommended that you get a high vaginal swab culture test done to check for any possible infection first. If it is negative, it is likely a cervical mucus discharge during ovulation, and it can be controlled by using alkaline vaginal washes twice a day.

|