Q. Could you advise on my tiredness, weakness and faint feeling following viral infection?

Answered by Dr. Sadaf Mustafa and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Viral Infection or Easy Tiredness? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Three weeks ago, I was admitted to hospital with a viral infection and stayed in the hospital for two nights. During viral infection, I woke up early in the morning shaking uncontrollably and my heart rate was 152, so the ambulance took me to the hospital. I was told that I have a viral infection and chest infection. One and a half weeks later, I went to work and started getting very bad palpitations. So, I went straight to hospital where they kept me in for five nights. They put me on Propranolol to calm my heart rate down when it starts to race. What happens is that I will get an ectopic beat which feels very uncomfortable in my chest and causes me to panic, then my heart rate goes very high, and that cycle continues for a while. So, the Propranolol is helping with that. I also have an echocardiogram.The problem I have is that for the past four weeks I keep on getting random bouts of extreme tiredness, weakness, feeling a little faint and sick. I cannot understand the reason for this. I never used to feel like this and I have been relaxing and hardly doing much for over three weeks. I am doing nothing to exert myself. I really cannot understand why I am getting this tiredness, weakness and faint feeling. Can you please advise me? It is really important to get this problem resolved as I have my first baby on the way. Please help.