Q. Why do I have pain around my waist line?

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2020

I have tested my blood. It showed iron and vitamin D level as very low and hs-CRP is three times higher than the reference range. I am feeling some niggle or continuous pain in the right-hand side waist for the last eight months, exactly in the area where the belt is getting tightened. I took Citralka.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

• Vitamin D deficiency can cause bone weakness and that can lead to waist pain. With Vitamin D supplementation, it shall become alright.
  • But, I need to go through the reports before suggesting any medications. Hence, kindly upload the reports.

Revert back with the reports to a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

I was having stomach pain and indigestion recently. Also, I have issues of constipation for a long term. Please check my reports.

Dr. Divakara P

#

Thanks for uploading the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Vitamin D is very low and requires supplementation. I suggest you tablet D Rise 60k weekly once for three months. Also, increase your exposure to bright sunlight.
  • Your iron levels are also low, but do not require iron tablets. Just eat more of iron rich food that is fish, dates, millets, green leafy vegetables, beetroot, pomegranate, etc.
  • Hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) is very much elevated, but that does not require any treatment. It indicates that there is a high risk of cardiac problems in future.
  • So, to avoid this you need to avoid smoking and alcohol, if you have these habits. Do exercise daily and eat low cholesterol diet.
  • Your LDL cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) is slightly high, but no need of medication.
  • If pain is bothering, then I suggest you tablet Zerodol-P (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) or else not needed.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|