Q. My pregnant wife noticed blood in her vomit. What is the reason?

Dr. Prathap
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2021

My doctor,

My wife is pregnant and this is her third month. During vomiting, she noticed blood. What is the reason? Kindly suggest me.

#

• It is unusual for a pregnant woman to vomit blood.
  • The reason may be excess, repeated vomiting caused esophageal tears, which leads to blood in the vomitus.
  • If hematemesis is persistent and there are signs of decreased perfusion like cold extremities, giddiness, low blood pressure, then take a consultation of a gastroenterologist.

1. Vomiting induced esophageal ulcer or tears
2. Acute GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).

CBP (complete blood panel), ultrasound abdomen and gastroenterologist consultation for upper GI endoscopy.

Doxinate-P (Doxylamine and Pyridoxine) thrice a day

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|