Q. My pregnant wife noticed blood in her vomit. What is the reason?

Dr. Prathap

My doctor,

My wife is pregnant and this is her third month. During vomiting, she noticed blood. What is the reason? Kindly suggest me.

Dr. Prathap

#

• It is unusual for a pregnant woman to vomit blood.
  • The reason may be excess, repeated vomiting caused esophageal tears, which leads to blood in the vomitus.
  • If hematemesis is persistent and there are signs of decreased perfusion like cold extremities, giddiness, low blood pressure, then take a consultation of a gastroenterologist.

1. Vomiting induced esophageal ulcer or tears
2. Acute GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).

CBP (complete blood panel), ultrasound abdomen and gastroenterologist consultation for upper GI endoscopy.

Doxinate-P (Doxylamine and Pyridoxine) thrice a day

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|