Q. My semen is yellow colored with penile itch and discomfort on urination. Why?

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 29, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 09, 2020

I am 19 years old. I weigh about 70 kg and my height is 5’7".

My semen has been yellow color for the past one week and now it seems like it has urine in it (but it has no foul odor). And my penis is quite itching, also sometimes I experience discomfort when urination. I wonder what is this condition I am having right now and what is the possible treatment?

Dr. Zubayeralam

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

According to your statement, you are 19 years old sexually active person suffering from discharging of yellowish colored semen, itching of penis and feeling of discomfort during urination and all your symptoms indicates STD (sexually transmitted disease).

Your STD is either chlamydia which is caused by chlamydia trachomatis, most common or gonorrhea which is caused by N.gonorrhea or both. Both diseases present similar clinical symptoms and treatment is almost the same. Single dose of Azithromycin is the treatment of choice. By collecting urethral swab, it can be specified either chlamydia or gonorrhea. In gonorrhea, urethral swab shows the presence of gram-negative diplococci and in the case of chlamydia, swab shows non-specific urethritis. Urine for C/S can also be done. After undergoing the investigations, please inform me about the results.

|