Q. My 15 month old baby does not take anything except breastfeed. Please help.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My 15 months old baby girl does not eat anything at all and does not take a bottle or sippy cup, only breastfeed. I have tried everything but all in vain. I am very much worried now because she is very weak.

#

It is a slow and painful process for weaning off milk. The best way is to keep trying.

In some instances, you may withdraw the milk completely so that the child is made to feel that she will not get any milk now and only food. Try to find out which particular food the child likes and make that food only.

It has to be a constant effort, the results of which you would get in a few months' time.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|