Q. Can removal of retained roots help in relieving pain and foul odor in the mouth?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

I got my lower wisdom tooth removed three months ago. A piece of a root was retained accidentaly. I am having frequent pain and a foul odor in my mouth. However, there is no swelling.

Kindly advise.

#

I understand your concern. You have to get the root piece extracted as early as possible. I suggest the below treatment plan:

• Tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxycillin and Clavulanic Acid) thrice a day for a week.
  • Tablet Acenext P (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) thrice a day for three days.

|