Q. I have tooth pain. Should I get root canal treatment for this?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

I have pain in one of the gums near one of the upper teeth. When after eating or having something hot or cold, I feel sensitive and after that, I get pain for some time but the pain goes away automatically. I have gone to one of the dentists and she suggested me to get a root canal treatment done but I feel that the pulp or tissue of that tooth is not yet damaged and can be recovered without doing a root canal. I am attaching a picture of my tooth. Kindly suggest me whether the root canal is needed for this or I can save my tooth using some other methods?

#

If you have pain after eating cold or hot, it mostly means that the nerves inside are infected. It has to be root canal treated. If you are so sure that it can be saved and want to try something else, ask a dentist to just clean the cavity and fill it with a temporary filling. Then wait for 2 or 3 weeks and check if there is pain. If you do not have any pain then get it permanently filled.

|