Q. My anal yeast infection disappears away with cream but comes back when I run out. Kindly advice.

Dr. Ohams Henry
Published on Jun 03, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 05, 2019

I am looking to get a prescription for Clotrimazole-Betamethasone. I currently have one, but I am almost out. I have been dealing with anal yeast for around 10 years. Now it goes away with the cream but comes back when I run out. I do not wish to see any more doctors.

Dr. Ohams Henry

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I presume that this recurrent anal yeast infection is candidiasis, and you have been using a topical mixture of antifungal and corticosteroid cream over it. Have you checked for immune statuses like HIV, and blood sugar level to rule out diabetes? Then if you have been using a steroid medicine for a very long time, that can also depress your immunity.

If all these tests have been done and are negative, and you are not on prolonged use of the steroid, then I will prescribe an enteral antifungal together with the topical cream. Get Fluconazole tablet 200 mg daily for two weeks that will kill the candida from inside. You may also continue your Clotrimazole-Betamethasone cream till the yeast disappears. I want you to run a test for HIV and blood sugar.

| 

Is there any medicine for treating yeast infection?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I treat a yeast infection? Is there over-the-counter medicine for that?  Read Full »

I have a scaly patch on my scalp which does not go away. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a chronic 3 cm patch on my scalp, which has scales in it. If I remove these scales, gum-like liquid forms in that area and it dries to form the scales again. It reduces if I tonsure my hair and increases with hair growth. I do not have similar patches anywher...  Read Full »

Why am I having itching and irritation near genital area?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from heavy itching and irritation in the area between thighs near genital area and asshole area. Currently, I am using Candid B lotion and Clotrimazole cream.  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now