Ask an "Obesity Reduction Specialist" Online
Ask your Obesity Reduction queries to our experienced nutritionists and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.
Our medical panel consists of over 50 highly skilled nutritionists who specialized in Obesity Reduction treatment.
Your first Query is FREE!
Click here to see a Sample Answer »
About "Obesity reduction"
People with BMI (Body Mass Index) of 30 or more are called obese. Obesity increases the risk of health problems like heart diseases, diabetes, and high blood pressure. Obesity can be managed by:
- Dietary changes – Cutdown on calories, make healthier choices, avoid taking high-carbohydrate and fatty foods, and take meal replacements.
- Exercise – Try to go for a walk or exercise for 30 to 45 minutes every day.
- Behavior changes – Attend support groups and counseling.
- Medications – If needed, your doctor might prescribe weight-loss medicines like Orlistat, Lorcaserin, and Liraglutide.
- Surgery – In patients with a BMI higher than 40, gastric bypass surgery, laparoscopic adjustable gastric band (LAGB), and gastric sleeve may help reduce weight.