Q. I am much worried about my stomach pain. Please help.

Dr. Viral Dineshchandra Vyas
Published on Oct 15, 2015 and last reviewed on: Feb 05, 2019

I am a 24 year old male. I am working as a software developer. Sometimes, I feel a sharp pain in my right lower part of the stomach. When I am trying to bend down, I am feeling some pain inside the pelvic bone. After eating meals and dinner, I am getting excess burping and feeling of bloating and tightness in the right lower abdomen. I am also having constipation problem for more than a year.

I have consulted a gastroenterologist for physical evaluation. He diagnosed me and prescribed some medicines. After some time, I had an endoscopy and he found I have H.pylori infection. He prescribed medicine for the same. After a month, bloating and burping are less but the pain still persists. I have consulted one more gastroenterologist who evaluated me with some blood test and ultrasound of the whole abdomen and said nothing to worry as everything is normal in my report (including pancreas and kidney).

Now again from last three to four days, I feel my urine flow is slow and I have a burning sensation in the penis. I have excess burping, bloating, and pain in the right chest. As I have consulted many doctors and they reported as I have nothing, I am confused with my stomach pain now and much worried as what could be the factor behind the pain? What should I do now? Please help.

Dr. Viral Dineshchandra Vyas

Medical Gastroenterology
#

I read your history. As per your description, it seems to be a functional bowel disorder, it may be associated with what called as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Bowel illnesses are difficult to prove medically, and mostly they are a matter of exclusion. Infection like H.pylori may be the reason for your burping, but it would not be the cause for right lower abdominal pain. After reading all this do not worry that you have any major illness.

I guess your appetite is normal and your weight too. Now I would suggest you do a few things.

1. First confirm with your gastroenterologist whether your H.pylori is eradicated from your stomach, as you have completed treatment. This can be done by endoscopy or breath test. I suggest you this because there are chances that sometimes medication may not work or you may get re-infection.
  2. Second thing, I would suggest you do colonoscopy after discussion with your gastroenterologist as you have constipation and right lower abdominal pain.
  3. You start with high fiber diet like green vegetables and fruits. Take meal on time, avoid late night meal, avoid tight clothing, avoid smoking or drinking alcohol if any.
  4. Check if your symptoms worsen with milk, in that case, avoid milk or milk products.
  5. Avoid stress. Yoga and meditation may help you to reduce your symptoms. Take care and have a healthy life.

Please suggest some ayurveda medicine for IBS.

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting diarrhea for five days in a month. Also, I always have loose stool. When I consulted my doctor I came to know that it is irritable bowel syndrome. I would like to get it cured through ayurveda medicine. Please suggest me a treatment.  Read Full »

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full »

What are the specific ways to bring down the symptoms of IBS?

Query: Hi doctor, Please say about the specific ways to reduce the IBS symptoms.  Read Full »