Q. I am suffering from from abdominal pain during urination and sex. Why I am having this?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I have abdominal pain during urination for two days. And also having pain in abdomen lower part during sex. And after that only, I am having pain and burning sensation during urination. And also I have to go urgently for urination. I am frequently going. I already had this experience for two months. And it lasts up to four days. It gradually reduced.

Why am I having this? In the future, what are the risks and causes because of getting like this. Is there any effect on pregnancy in the future? I want to cure this permanently. What should I have to do? What food I have to take? I do not want to visit the hospital for this problem. Please suggest a full solution to this problem. Please prescribe if any medicines are there. I want to get rid of this permanently. Please help.

Do you have a question on Abdominal Pain or Urine Infection?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., MD PSYCHIATRY
Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology

This is most likely due to urinary tract infection. There is no risk of getting stressed due to that. UTI can occur in any female, but the risk increases after sex. But that does not mean that you should not visit a doctor. You can visit a doctor with complaints of burning micturition and for the pain in the abdomen. If you do not want to disclose your sexual history, that is your decision, urine analysis should be done to rule out infection.

Antibiotic course with some precautions like avoiding sex during treatment, having plenty of water will help to improve the infection. This will not cause any risk or complications in the future if you take proper treatment. Remain relaxed. Antibiotics cannot be prescribed online due to legal problems.

I have frequent urination and minimal calcification. Does it mean prostate cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I am worried about my prostate as my grandfather had prostate cancer and my father had an enlargement but was already cured. I had an ultrasound last year due to frequent urinating and result showed minimal calcification a year back. The Radiologist told me that the ca...  Read Full >>
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. It is extremely unlikely for you to develop prostate cancer at your age. Even in families with hereditary prostate cancer, the usual age people develop cancer is above 40 years of age at the lowest, though it is usually between 50 to 60 y...  Read Full

Having abdominal pain and bloated feeling for five months. Could this be due to colon cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I have had abdominal pain for five months. It is mainly under the right side ribs along the right flank. I also have some pain on the left. I feel gassy and bloated. The stomach makes some crazy noises. I was constipated for a few months, but now I have constant diarrhea. I am going to ...  Read Full >>
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your question, most likely it is not colon cancer. The problems are due to disturbed gastrointestinal flora. Our gut consists of its own environment of a microorganism called gut flora. They are responsible for proper digestion of food. Once this flora is depleted...  Read Full

Kindly recommend a medicine for urine infection.
Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from a urinary infection for the last one week. I am unable to control urine. But, no medication is taken yet. I am a 34 year old female. My height is 154 cm and weight 76 kg.  Read Full >>
Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.First get a complete urine examination done along with urine culture. Keep a good perineal hygiene.You may use some vaginal wash. I suggest you antibiotic like Levofloxacin along with tablet Darilong (Darifenacin) once a day to treat urine infection and control urine. Cons...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now