Q. Despite normal ECG, I have sweating and chest pain. What to do?

Published on Sep 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 28 year old male. I am having habit of drinking alcohol and using tobacco daily. Since last four months, I feel lightheaded and dizzy. Sometimes, I am having heavy sweating and chest pain. I had done ECG and it was found to be normal. Sometimes, I feel like blood in my saliva. I am feeling uncomfortable with sleep too. Please help me.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

• Though you are a smoker and alcoholic, a normal ECG does not rule out any cardiac issues.
  • You should get the following tests done on priority:
  1. Treadmill test.
  2. Lipid profile.
  3. Sugar test.
  4. Thyroid profile.
  • This is an important decision. If everything is normal take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone for acid reflux.

Revert back with the investigation reports to a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

I have already taken lipid profile, sugar test and TMT. All were normal except my cholesterol, which is 228. My sugar level is also normal.

#

• This seems to be due to anxiety or acid reflux. Both of these issues are well precipitated by alcohol and tobacco.
  • Take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone for a few days. Quit all addictions.
  • If you would like to get guidance for de-addiction then please let me know.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Will leaving tobacco chewing cure oral fibrosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a patient of oral fibrosis. Is it curable or not? And leaving tobacco is how much helpful?  Read Full »

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article