Q. Along with Sompraz, what medicine can I take for acidity?

Dr. Amit Jauhari

I have bad acidity for the past two months. I am taking Sompraz 40 early in the morning. I have not taken it for more than 2 weeks. When I stop taking it, I start to have acidity again.

#

Gastritis is a lifestyle disease and it caused due to various reasons such as taking an irregular unbalanced diet, taking excess tea or coffee or alcohol or tobacco, and mental stress. Try to eat foods with oil and spice free at regular times. Avoid stress and other precipitants mentioned above. Slow walking after meals is a good digestion stimulator. If your problem does not show the desired effect within two weeks, you can do an LFT test (liver function test) and consult. I wish you to have a speedy recovery.

How long do I need to take Sompraz? Can I take it once a day or twice a day?

#

If you are having acidity symptoms in the early morning, use it on an empty stomach in the morning and if it is at night, use it before taking meals.

I read in some articles that these are the early symptoms of stomach cancer or H.pylori infection. Please tell me what is the difference present between the two?

#

H.pylori infection cause ulcer. Stomach cancer is a very serious form of cancer. All gastrointestinal diseases have common symptoms but the severity and outcome vary a lot.

Please recommend some medicines that help to treat gastritis in addition to Sompraz.

#

Surely, I will help you. Please try to follow the advice for at least seven days. If you have a poor response, more medicines can be added.

|