Q. Please look at the pictures and tell me why my face has these tiny pimples.

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy
and medically reviewed by Dr.Lekshmipriya B
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 29, 2022

My face has tiny pimples. I could not understand the reason. My skin is oily in nature but sometimes dry in winters. I have attached pictures of my face. Kindly help.

#

I saw your clinical picture (attachments removed to protect patient identity).

You have Grade-1 acne.

Acne is a disorder of pilosebaceous unit - pilo meaning hair and sebaceous glands meaning oil-producing glands. The oil produced from these sebaceous glands is expelled from the duct onto the skin. If there is a blockage in the duct, oil accumulates and starts irritating surrounding skin causing comedones (black and whiteheads). For your acne grade, I would suggest you use:

1. Cetaphil gentle cleanser face wash. Wash your face three times a day.

2. Clear gel - Clindamycin - Apply to only the pimple in the morning after washing face.

3. Photobloc sunscreen - Apply to the whole face 30 minutes before going out in sunlight.

4. Deriva MS gel - Adapalene - Apply a very tiny amount of gel only to the pimple at 7 PM. Wash off at 10 PM after just three hours contact period.

Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with them and start using the medicines with their consent.

|