Common "Pimples" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


A small pustule or papule that results from clogging of the sebaceous gland is called a pimple. The oil or sebaceous glands get clogged and infected and can result in swollen lesion filled with pus. Pimples can affect any body part like face, back, chest, etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How to manage pimples?

Query: Hi doctor,I have what I thought was a pimple on the right side of my chin. This started about four days ago, but I noticed the dwelling to have gotten bigger yesterday only. However, a few days later, the inflammation area seems to have gotten more significant than what a pimple would typically have...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from an infected pimple on the right side of your chin, which is painful, inflamed, and getting more extensive than a regular spot. Pimple usually results from the skin's pores' bloc...  Read Full »

How to get rid of frequent pimples in the vulva?

Query: Hello doctor, I get a regular series of pimples every two to four days. The first and second day begins with itching and then the third day a pimple. One white pimple hurts around as it does if we get a fluid spot on face. As it is on a sensitive part, it hurts more there. The fourth day it reduces...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thanks for writing to us. You can consult a gynecologist for proper examination and investigation to rule out the cause and take treatment accordingly. There may be two most common causes for your problem. Sebaceous cyst of the Bartholin gland and folliculitis is due t...  Read Full »

Does hydrocolloid dressing help in treating my pimples?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been dealing with persistent pimples and have heard about hydrocolloid dressing as a potential solution. Could you provide information on how hydrocolloid dressing works for treating pimples and any considerations I should keep in mind when using it on my skin? Kindly help.   Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Answer: Hi, I am glad you chose icliniq for your medical-related queries. I can understand your concern. Hydrocolloid dressings are thin, adhesive patches commonly used in wound care, but they can also be effective in treating pimples. They work by creating a moist environment that promotes healing while a...  Read Full »

I suffer from pimples and dark spots. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from pimple problems for the past three years. There are pores and dark spots also on my face. How to get rid of these? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have seen your query and understood your concern. It seems you have acne scars. You have various types of acne scars like an ice pick scar and rolling type of acne scars. There are various techniques to treat acne scars: 1. Subcision and derma roller - A technique...  Read Full »

What could be causing recurring acne outbreaks?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old and have been dealing with acne for the past four years. I have numerous acne on my forehead and a few on my cheeks. Most of them appear red, while some are filled with white liquid. I tend to experience acne outbreaks, especially during the summer, which often cause...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. Acne vulgaris is a common skin problem in adolescents and adults. It involves pilosebaceous follicles or oil glands and typically affects areas where oil glands are dense, such as the face, chest, back, and upper arms. In your case, it...  Read Full »

I had a pimple that I scratched and looks bad now. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,One month ago, I had a pimple on my cheek. I scratched it due to itching. And after it almost started to harden I again scratched it. Now it has become an outgrowth like structure and looking bad after shaving. Kindly give a suitable medication for this.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreelakshmi. S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Although the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is not clear enough to distinguish from a wart or keloid, from your history it seems to be a keloid from a pimple you scratched. The prognosis of the keloid is often unpredictable, but quite often th...  Read Full »

I am an 18-year-old with recurrent pimples. How do I manage them?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. I am getting more pimples on my face. What are the primary causes and triggers behind pimples and acne? How do hormonal changes contribute to the occurrence of pimples and acne? What are the effective skin care routines that individuals can follow to reduce...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya Narayanan Kutty

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Acne or pimples usually appear due to multiple reasons, which include hormonal fluctuation that naturally occurs within one's body at different age groups. Hormone fluctuations happen due to any underlying medical conditions like PCOD (poly...  Read Full »

Can a pimple near my nose develop into skin cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I just developed an unusual kind of pimple near my nose. It appears like a mole from a distance, but up close it looks like a scar with pus inside, and my family has a history of skin cancer, so it scares me. Kindly guide me. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. Regarding your symptoms and the picture you sent (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), I believe you have developed infected acne vulgaris. I can see you have a family history of skin cancer. I sugge...  Read Full »

I suffer from pimples and face breakouts. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am in good health but my skin on the face breaks out, and I have not gone without at least one pimple for about three years now. My breakouts happen out of nowhere, and they stay for a long time. It hurts a lot and decreases my self-confidence. Kindly help.Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hello,Welcome to can understand your concern.With the description and given photo (attachments have been removed to protect patient privacy), it seems you have hormonal acne or acne vulgaris.Kindly let me know if you have any menstrual irregularities.Acne vulgaris is a common skin prob...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ways to remove black spots due to acne.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male. My skin complexion is close to dark and I have been suffering with acne black spots on my face. I tried few creams, but I am not able to get rid of these black spots. I also used lemon juice to cure my black spot, but there is no improvement. Please suggest me...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I would suggest you to apply Melalite XL cream (Tretinoin) on the black spots at night in minute amounts. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent. Continue this for three weeks and revert back.   Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.