Q. Is there a possibility of getting pregnant if I took the pill 11 hours late?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

I am on Novelon for the last four months. I started my new pack on the 29th, had intercourse on the 30th. Generally, I take my pill while going to bed. I forgot to take the pill on 31st night and took it on 1st morning. Basically, I took my pill late by 10 to 11 hours. And then, I continued taking rest of the pills on time. Is there any possibility of getting pregnant here? Please advice.

#

I have gone through your history and understand your concern.

As you are taking the medicine regularly and if you took the missed pill within 24 hours, you should continue your pill and you will not get pregnant.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I took the tablet late by 12 hours but did not miss the tablet. Today morning, one hour after I got up, I was not feeling alright, a bit pukish. That is why I am worried if there is any chance of pregnancy.

#

There is no chance of pregnancy as you took your missed pill on time.

| 

Do contraceptive pills protect during pill-free days?

Query: Hi doctor, I am starting a pack of pill two weeks after my periods. After completing the pack will contraception start? Do I need to take the 7 pill free days after the first pack? Will remain protected during those seven days?  Read Full »

My pregnant wife was recommended a gall bladder removal surgery. When can it be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 13 weeks pregnant. Though she takes Doxinate tablet once a day, she still has vomiting. Also, she often gets a stomach pain which eases in five minutes. We have discussed with the gynecologist about these issues and he had suggested a full abdominal ultrasound. In the ultra...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife passed a little blood. Is it a sign of miscarriage?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife tested positive for pregnancy four weeks ago. Three days later, she was passing a little blood. Is that normal or is there a chance of miscarriage? Is Progesterone 200 mg a good tablet or is it because of this tablet that she is passing blood? Please advice.  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»