Q. What are the chances of pregnancy after taking an Ocp late?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 08, 2020

I have been on birth control continuously for three years. About a month ago, I took a pill late instead of in the morning. My boyfriend has not ejaculated in me. But, I noticed that I have gained weight. What are the chances of me being pregnant after taking a pill late? I do not have periods since I take the pills continuously.

#

This is a common mistake that you have faced. However, a single late pill intake is in no way could turn you fertile as well as pregnant.

Even if you miss a single pill, the chance of pregnancy is very remote.

Now, continuous pill intake could be the reason for absence of cycle. We advice this sort of continuous pill intake only if you have endometriosis, a disease produces painful menses.

However, you need to take pills with a gap of 7 days pill free period or have to be on inert pills for 7 days. Then only, you will have cycles.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

How does severe endometriosis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has severe endometriosis as well as several other pre-existing conditions. She was recently approved for Zoladex to treat the endometriosis. She is supposed to have her first injection in the next few days. Today we were in the emergency room. She was slightly tachycardic as wel...  Read Full »

Is it possible to conceive naturally after endometriosis surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I have been trying to conceive for a year with endometriosis on ovary. My husband is 32 and normal. My AMH is 1.85. I am planning to get laparoscopic surgery. Can laparoscopic surgery reduce my AMH further more? What should I do?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»