Q. There are no symptoms of periods. Is there any reason to worry?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
and medically reviewed by Dr.Lekshmipriya B
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 24, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 22, 2022

I am 42-year-old female. I had my last period on third of this month. I had unprotected sex on twenty first. I had an I-pill on the same day. My usual menstrual cycle is 26 to 28 days, but there are no symptoms of periods. Is there any reason to worry? When will I get my periods?

#

Since you have taken an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. The delay could be because of hormonal changes due to your pill. So relax and do not worry. However, if you doubt, get a urine pregnancy test done with an early morning urine sample to ensure that you are not pregnant. Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further.

Thanks for the reply.

I got my periods, but they lasted only two and a half days. The flow was normal, not heavy or scanty. Is there still a reason to worry?

#

I am glad to hear that.

There is nothing to worry about if the flow was normal like your regular period cycle.

If you have a doubt then get back to me.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I did a home UPT and it was negative. I am relieved. I just wanted to know when my periods will be normal for four days as I used to get earlier. Is there a need to do a home UPT again next week?

#

By next month, your period should get back to normal.

So relax and do not worry.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|