Q. I am not getting my periods after giving birth. Is this due to hypothalamic amenorrhea?

Answered by Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Amennorhea or Clomid? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 28 years old. I had no periods for the past five years, after giving birth. I suspect hypothalamic amenorrhea. I had one round of Clomid during my ovulation period, but I had no pregnancy. During the last few months, I stopped my exercise, and so I gained weight. Can I try naturally and see if my body will ovulate on own or should I continue with the Clomid?