Q. What is the treatment for recurrent anal fissure?

Answered by Dr. Happykumar Kagathara and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Anal Fissure or Constipation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 22 year old female. I have been having constipation since a year. I am having anal fissures. The doctor says that the fissure has healed, but I still have a burning sensation and mild itching in and around the anus. There is increased burning after bowel movement. I have had two episodes of fissure in this year, but they were not as severe as this. I am taking Cetirizine, Anobliss cream and Siloderm cream. Earlier, as I had perianal itching along with fissure and worms I took one full course of Mebendazole. My stool microbiology suggests there is no worm infestation.