Q. What treatment options help with anal fissure?

Dr. Pandian. P

About six months ago, I had loose motion. After taking medicine, I had constipation. Due to spicy food consumption, my anal area got affected, and it was found that it was a fissure. But it was cured by medicine, and I stopped eating chilies. I had loose motion, stomach pain, and fever earlier this month due to cheese pakora. After taking medicines, my bowel movement became normal. But again, I had black pepper in curd the following day, and I felt pain after passing the stool. This pain was similar to fissure pain but with no blood. The stool is also a little harder in the beginning and causes irritation. I defecate twice daily, but this is associated with the feeling of wanting to urinate. I am not taking any medications currently. Can you please suggest to me what to do? I think that the infection is still not cured.

#

I understand your concern, and it is a fissure in the anal region. It would help if you avoided certain things in life like:

1) Spicy foods including pepper, chilies, ginger, garlic, clove, etcetera.

2) Tea, coffee, and other beverages.

3) Carbonated bottle drinks.

4) Fast food.

5) Outside food.

6) Pizza, burger.

7) Smoking and alcohol consumption.

You need to add the following to your diet:

1) Drink four to five liters of water daily.

2) Fresh juices.

3) Buttermilk.

4) Tender coconut.

5) Green leafy vegetables and fruits.

6) Curd (daily).

You need antibiotics, analgesics, antihistamines, and douching of the anal region. Kindly contact me on chat for better treatment advice and prescription.

|