Q. I had irritation around the anal area. Why?

Dr. Noushif M
Published on Oct 18, 2018

I am a 39-year-old male. I had irritation around the anal area before a week. Please suggest.

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgery Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

It will be easy for me to help you if you upload a picture of it.

I have attached my picture.

Dr. Noushif M

#

The picture is too close. Please mention about the complaints you had.

I have attached some pictures. I had no other issue. I had irritation and sensitivity only.

Dr. Noushif M

#

Keep the area dry. Use Clotrimazole cream for local application two times a day for two weeks. Take tablet Albendazole 400 mg for one week. Revert me after a week.

Does it appear normal? Did you see any anal abscess or minor hemorrhoids?

Dr. Noushif M

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are external anal tags. These can be left untreated. Minor hemorrhoids too can be left untreated as you do not have bleeding or pain. These may result in some amount of soiling in the perianal region causing itching.

What should I apply for anal itching?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel very itchy around the anus. It feels like I need to press around the periphery for it to stop. There is no pain, just irritation. I have had hemorrhoids once before, but this is not the same. I do not feel any pimples or problems in opening bowel. I tried Glyvenol cream for a f...  Read Full »

I have pain in the penis after frequent sex. Please suggest medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I am married since six years. I went abroad for a project for two months. There were no sexual relations in these two months. I just came back from the project and am having sex twice a day for the past three days. Now, I have a slight pain in the tip and ba...  Read Full »

Why am I having itching and irritation near genital area?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from heavy itching and irritation in the area between thighs near genital area and asshole area. Currently, I am using Candid B lotion and Clotrimazole cream.  Read Full »