Q. I had irritation around the anal area. Why?

Dr. Noushif M

I am a 39-year-old male. I had irritation around the anal area before a week. Please suggest.

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgery Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

It will be easy for me to help you if you upload a picture of it.

| 

I have attached my picture.

Dr. Noushif M

#

The picture is too close. Please mention about the complaints you had.

| 

I have attached some pictures. I had no other issue. I had irritation and sensitivity only.

Dr. Noushif M

#

Keep the area dry. Use Clotrimazole cream for local application two times a day for two weeks. Take tablet Albendazole 400 mg for one week. Revert me after a week.

| 

Does it appear normal? Did you see any anal abscess or minor hemorrhoids?

Dr. Noushif M

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are external anal tags. These can be left untreated. Minor hemorrhoids too can be left untreated as you do not have bleeding or pain. These may result in some amount of soiling in the perianal region causing itching.

|