Q. My butt hurts after anal sex. I am not even able to sit. Please help.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

I had anal sex and now my butt has been hurting all day for six days now. And every time I have to poop or wipe it, it is very painful. It is very uncomfortable when I sit or lay on my butt.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

There might be a small tear in the anal region, which is commonly called as an anal fissure. Even a small fissure can be really painful as it causes a spasm of the anal opening. It heals slowly, as it gets irritated repeatedly during the bowel movement. You might even notice blood on the toilet paper or in the stools.

I suggest you get examined by a physician. Warm water sitz bath, which involves sitting in a tub warm of water, to soak the painful anal area, helps a lot in this condition. The other recommendation is to take a high fiber diet. Your physician, after an examination, can prescribe you analgesics and a stool softener. Hold off on more anal sex until you recover from the current problem.

Hope your query is answered. Best wishes.

For more information consult an HIV/AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

|