Q. My butt hurts after anal sex. I am not even able to sit. Please help.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Published on Jul 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

I had anal sex and now my butt has been hurting all day for six days now. And every time I have to poop or wipe it, it is very painful. It is very uncomfortable when I sit or lay on my butt.

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

There might be a small tear in the anal region, which is commonly called as an anal fissure. Even a small fissure can be really painful as it causes a spasm of the anal opening. It heals slowly, as it gets irritated repeatedly during the bowel movement. You might even notice blood on the toilet paper or in the stools.

I suggest you get examined by a physician. Warm water sitz bath, which involves sitting in a tub warm of water, to soak the painful anal area, helps a lot in this condition. The other recommendation is to take a high fiber diet. Your physician, after an examination, can prescribe you analgesics and a stool softener. Hold off on more anal sex until you recover from the current problem.

Hope your query is answered. Best wishes.

For more information consult an HIV/AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

Can an anal fissure heal on its own?

Query: Hi doctor, After passing stool yesterday, I noticed bright red blood on the toilet paper after wiping. Now today after passing stool, I noticed a bit of bright red blood on the toilet seat, but not in the stool and a bit when wiping. I am suffering from a bit of pain when this happens, and the bleed...  Read Full >>

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Your symptoms are consistent with anal fissure. Yes, fissure will heal on its own, provided it will get a proper environment. An anal fissure can be prevented by avoiding constipation. Because constipation will produce more pressure on...  Read Full

How to reduce the pain due to ankle sprain?

Query: Hi doctor,I have chronic ankle sprains in both the ankles. I have this for maybe a year now. I went to PT and have been doing exercises. But, about a week ago, my ankle began to pop. It is happening once in a while. It really hurts and I have to pause for a couple minutes for the pain to settle. Is ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahaveer Patil
Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope this message finds you in good health. I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern. I generally see many cases like this in my clinic. I give them a splint, rest, analgesics, anti-inflammatory tablets and ice pack till the swelling reduces to som...  Read Full

How can anal fissure be treated?

Query: Hello doctor,Six months ago, I faced anal fissure problem, which resolved through diet and medicine. One month ago due to constipation, bleeding started during the passing of stool. Now one inner hemorrhoid has protruded about 0.3 inches in size in the anal area. This creates pain for six hours afte...  Read Full >>

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must be having a recurrent anal fissure (fissure-in-ano). You need to see a surgeon so that you are not missing anything else.For fissures, the following remedies work wonders: Sitz bath thrice a day for 15 minutes each time. Sitz bath means you should sit in...  Read Full

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now