Q. I have small patches on the head with less dense hair in that region. Kindly help.

Answered by
Dr. Deepti Shukla
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 25, 2020

Hello doctor,

I have too many small patches on the head. I shaved my head recently, and now, while the hair is growing back, I can see few patches in which hair is comparatively fewer than other areas, although the patches are very small with small-sized pustules.

I am currently on Minoxidil 5% for the past two weeks, and I apply aloe vera sometimes.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Do not worry. I will help you with your concern.

From the history, it seems either you have alopecia areata or androgenetic alopecia (AGA). But I need to see your scalp and the patches so I can suggest you definitive diagnosis and treatment accordingly.

Kindly revert with the photo.

Thank you doctor,

I have attached the picture.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Thank you for sharing the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

This is androgenetic alopecia (AGA). Androgenetic alopecia is a chronic progressive condition which occurs due to underlying genetic and hormonal components.

Without treatment, hair thinning will continue as it is a progressive condition. I will start you on treatment that will continue for a long term, as treatments take time to provide results so be patient and complaint about the treatment.

Take tablet Trichospire one tablet daily after breakfast for three months. Apply Morr F 10% lotion (Minoxidil and Finasteride) 1 ml daily at night on the top and front scalp for three months.

Follow up after one month.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I am using Minoxidil but not satisfied with the outcome. What is wrong here?

Sometimes there can be shedding of hair in between but you will recover from it if you keep using it ...   Read full

Is it safe to use Minoxidil continuously for male pattern baldness?

.. read your query in detail and understood your concern. As far as Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion is concerned, it is mainly given for dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis and hair fall due to it. It has no effect on androgenetic ...   Read full

Please explain the side effects of Finasteride.

I am suffering from androgenetic alopecia since I was 18 ... It can only delay the alopecia, but cannot stop it forever ...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

My urologist recommended Finasteride for four weeks before TURP. Is there any alternative medicine?

Query: Hello doctor,I will be having prostate TURP surgery in five weeks. My Urologist has recommended daily Finasteride four weeks before to reduce bleeding during the surgery then stop. I am worried that Finasteride has been linked to prostate cancer. Is this true? Is there an alternative medication to r...  Read Full »

I am a 25-year-old male with extreme hair loss. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male with extreme hair loss. I was on Rogaine 5 %, Finax 1 mg, but losing lots of hair from the vertex.  Read Full »

Also Read

I am suffering from dry and scaly scalp. Is that scalp psoriasis?
Hello doctor, I am suffering from dry, scaly patches on the scalp for the last six to eight months. Since childhood, I h...  Read more»
Birth Control Methods - Facts, and Types
Devices or treatments done to prevent unwanted pregnancy are called birth control methods.In this article, I am going to...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.