Q. I have small patches on the head with less dense hair in that region. Kindly help.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

I have too many small patches on the head. I shaved my head recently, and now, while the hair is growing back, I can see few patches in which hair is comparatively fewer than other areas, although the patches are very small with small-sized pustules.

I am currently on Minoxidil 5% for the past two weeks, and I apply aloe vera sometimes.

#

Do not worry. I will help you with your concern.

From the history, it seems either you have alopecia areata or androgenetic alopecia (AGA). But I need to see your scalp and the patches so I can suggest you definitive diagnosis and treatment accordingly.

Kindly revert with the photo.

I have attached the picture.

#

Thank you for sharing the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

This is androgenetic alopecia (AGA). Androgenetic alopecia is a chronic progressive condition which occurs due to underlying genetic and hormonal components.

Without treatment, hair thinning will continue as it is a progressive condition. I will start you on treatment that will continue for a long term, as treatments take time to provide results so be patient and complaint about the treatment.

Take tablet Trichospire one tablet daily after breakfast for three months. Apply Morr F 10% lotion (Minoxidil and Finasteride) 1 ml daily at night on the top and front scalp for three months.

Follow up after one month.

|