Q. I am experiencing muscle pain and weakness after heavy menstrual bleeding. Kindly help me.

Dr. Pawar Satyajit Jalinder

I am 19 years old female, a homemaker, and newly married. Now I am in my husband's home for the past four months. I am suffering from pain in my leg muscles for 20 days and suffering from headaches for two days. From today morning, I am feeling dizzy. I do not have fever, cough, cold, etc. My last period was on the twentieth of last month. It was heavy. It was not usual. After that, I am suffering from muscle pain in my legs. No other health issue in my history. I do regular works like cooking, washing clothes, etc. I am not so much sick. But, today feeling dizziness. Now, I am unable to reach the hospital because of the COVID pandemic. But, I have Ferrous Ascorbate, Folic Acid, and Zinc tablets (100 mg+1.5 mg+22.5 mg) in my home. But I am not sure which will help in this situation. Please suggest to me what to do now.

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your concern. As I can gather from your query, you have symptoms of headache, muscle pain, and heavy periods. This is usually due to anemia caused by loss of blood during periods. This leads to the feeling of weakness, fatigue, and headache. I suggest you start on Tablet Ferrous Ascorbate one tablet twice a day. Drink plenty of water or juices and keep yourself hydrated. Also in diet take green leafy vegetables and fruits. This will help in improving your hemoglobin. Also, if you can, get blood tests done for CBC (complete blood count), TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and Vitamin-D, which will help find the cause for these symptoms. If you can provide me with any blood investigations you have done, I will help you better. I hope this was helpful.

|