Q. A stray puppy bit me on hand. What can I do now?

A stray puppy bit me on my right-hand fingertip just little hard when I was feeding it (80 days back) but there was no bleed and scratch. And the puppy died after three days of biting me. Cause of that is adult dogs had bitten the puppy.

I had three doses of vaccination six years ago and also I had antibiotics vaccination last six months ago. I am a drinker. If the vaccines are still in my body or now what can I do? Please give me a needful answer.

#

The one which you mentioned six months ago, was it a full course of vaccination? Because, six years ago, you just had three doses. So if six months back was a complete vaccination course then you should receive the booster dosage of vaccination.

Some amount of vaccination will always stay in blood but its always advisable to take booster dosage with every exposure.

So overall, if you have received the complete vaccination in the anytime in the past, then booster should be taken with every exposure even if it occurs two months after vaccination. Booster dosing involves two dosages at day 0 and day 3.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Six years ago three doses of anti-rabies vaccination I had. Six months back I had three times of antibiotics for fire accident on my toe. Now, do I need any anti-rabies vaccination?

#

So you did not have anti-rabies vaccination six months back and inadequate vaccination six years back. Antibiotics do not count for vaccination. So you should have a full course of vaccination now, which includes vaccines on day 0, 3, 7, 14 and 28.

So you must have it. It is never late for rabies vaccination and get yourself vaccinated.

|