Q. What can be done to slow the disease progression in ankylosing spondylitis?

I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis from two years. Can you please tell me whether there are chances to slow the disease progression and how?

#

There are four modes of therapy for ankylosing spondylitis.

1. NSAID group.
  2. Steroid.
  3. Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs such as Methotrexate.
  4. TNF blocker like Adalimumab.
  • Physiotherapy also should be done.
  • Avoid smoking.
  • Maintain good posture.

If inflammation is much more, only then steroid is prescribed. TNF blocker is prescribed if NSAIDs and disease-modifying drugs are not working.

Consult spine surgeon for examinationHope this will help you.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|