Q. What is the treatment for my anxiety and denial?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

I am 19-years-old, and I am concerned about my mental health. All these years, I have been living in denial and trying to ignore it. But I think it is having an impact on my everyday life. I was diagnosed with PCOS, GERD, and IBS. I visited a therapist once, but my anxiety made me held back.

#

I can understand your situation. You may have an anxiety disorder. You must accept your illness. Once you accept it, then it will help you to recover soon. There is non-pharmacological management for your illness. I suggest following the below guidelines to deal with it. It will help you.

1. You should do exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes, like at least going for a walk. If possible, join the gym or swim. It will boost your confidence in yourself.

2. You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily. Just sit in one place in a comfortable position and try to concentrate on your normal breathing. Do not stop or force yourself to stop your thoughts. Just let them be. It will help you to relax.

3. You should eat healthy home-cooked foods and avoid junk foods.

4. You must drink enough water.

5. You should spend quality time with friends and family. Daily do video calls if you are living away from your family.

6. You should spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, and learning new skills or language or musical instruments.

7. You should take seven to eight hours of sleep daily.

8. You must avoid tobacco or alcohol or any substance abuse.

9. Live your life, do not just spend it. Be bold and confident. Do not be afraid of anyone. Stop overthinking.

If you still have symptoms that persist after following the advice for four to six weeks, then you need to start medications for a short duration.

I hope that you get your answer. Please, let me know if you want some help. Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.

There is a lot going on in my mind. I need a session. Thank you for the tips. I will try to follow them.

#

You can book an online consultation if needed with a psychiatrist to help you with your anxiety.

|