Q. My baby has constipation and gas problems due to Dexolac. Should I change the formula milk?

Answered by Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Baby Constipation or Premature Baby? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My daughter is a premature baby. Her birth weight was 1.7, and now she is 2 months old and weights 3.1. Our doctor suggested dexolac special care. She is suffering from constipation, and gas problem after having it. The doctor suggested medicines, but there were no changes. One to two days she was fine, and the next day the same problem started again. She is mostly crying at night and not sleeping. Can I change formula powder? What powder is the best for my baby? Please advice.