My 3.5-year-old baby has been suffering from a fever for the past month, all blood reports are normal, but every six to eight hours fever gets repeated. The temperature increases up to 101 degrees. Multiple antibiotics were self-administered that could not help. As the temperature subsided, the baby was fine. Presently, a Ceftriaxone injection is given for two days. Kindly help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I understand your concern about the recurrent fevers. Hope you and the kid are safe today. This must be tiring for the baby and you. Firstly I only have a CRP (C-reactive protein) report attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) here. If a child is suffering from fever for more than a month despite antibiotics, we need to look into secondary inflammatory conditions that will help, and I would like to know the following details.
1) Has anybody else in the family had a prolonged fever history?
2) Have blood transfusions been done recently in the family or the child?
3) Please share the complete blood test so that we can have a better look at the condition.
4) Any significant weight loss in the child?
5) Has anybody ever suffered from tuberculosis in the family?
Please remember that if the child is active with no other symptoms, it’s a good sign. Please note that all prolonged fevers have adequate treatment and can be treated effectively. Get back with reports, and will be able to help you. Meanwhile,
1) Syrup Azee (Azithromycin) 200/5 ml, 5 ml once a day for five days.
2) Tablet Doxycycline 100 mg half tablet twice daily can be given to reduce any atypical infection. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take medications with their consent.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. understand your concerns. Dolowin plus has already got Paracetamol in it so there is no need to give Paracetamol with Dolowin plus. You can give Dolowin plus every four hourly if fever persists. If there is a fever in spite of giving it, then cold... Read fullWhat to do if the fever persists for more than one week?
.. continuous fever in spite of antibiotics, I would suggest doing the following investigations: CBC (complete blood count), CRP (C-reactive protein-quantitative), PSMP (peripheral smear of malarial parasite), dengue virus antigen detection NS1, seru... Read fullHow long will it take for a 6-week-old baby to recover from post-vaccination symptoms?
Hello doctor, My 6-week-old baby was given the vaccine for DTwp, IPV 1, hepatitis B2, HIB 1, rotavirus (RV5 - first dose), and PVC 1 yesterday morning ... Read full
Also Read Answers From:
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Paediatrician Now