Q. I am getting back pain when I try to move or sit down. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2021

I have a bit of back pain in my left side when I sit down or lean forward or try to move side to side. What could this be? It has been three weeks already. I do not smoke or drink. The pain I can feel is just under my shoulder plate.

#

• It is likely a spondylosis of thoracic spine. It is a spine problem where you get pain and other symptoms due to compression of nerves between spine. So, it will cause symptoms along the course of nerves.
  • One may have associated symptoms like tingling, numbness, needles and pins sensation or any history of trauma to your spine.
  • You need to check vitamin D level, x-ray thoracic spine AP (anteroposterior) or lateral view and further may require an MRI if the x-rays are not informative.
  • The treatment for this is physiotherapy to release the nerve compression, Diclofenac gel or spray and medicine like Ibuprofen 500 mg whenever needed basis after meals.
  • Meanwhile, I suggest tablet Neurobion forte once a day, which is a nerve vitamin and Diclofenac gel for local application. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|