Neck Exercises

I have been having neck pain since I met with an accident. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I involved in a car accident seven years ago. I have been having problems with my neck ever since. I recently consulted an orthopedic specialist and had an MRI done last week. The results are as follow: Multilevel degenerative disc disease with straightening of lordosis. Multilevel bul...  Read Full »

Dr. Tony Magana

Neuro Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The joints of the neck are the discs and the facets. As one ages they wear out. This can be aggravated by accidents. This process can cause pain in two ways. Joint pain in the neck without neurological weakness or numbness. Neurological problems from pressure on the ne...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for burning arms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a writer, so I use my computer a lot. Pretty sure I have a repetitive stress injury. My father has Carpal tunnel, so it would not be a surprise at all if I have something similar. The pain is triggered when I type, and more so when I use my trackball. More than anything, my arm b...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to see that you have persistent symptoms. It is not clear from your description that you actually have any hand symptoms with crampy pain on typing with index thumb and middle fingers most affected as that would fit into a carpal tunnel like picture. If it is ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for left-sided upper back pain.

Query: Hi, I am suffering from left side upper back pain as well as left sided chest pain for the past one year. Day by day it has been increasing. I underwent ECG, Echo and TMT eight months back. All the tests were normal. My lipid profile is as follows:Tryglicerides - 276, LDL - 85, HDL - 28 and tot...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your upper back pain and left sided chest pain might be due to a condition called cervical radiculopathy. It is a condition where the nerves at your neck level get compressed between the neck bones and causes pain in the back of neck or upper back or arm or shoulder or ...  Read Full »

I am having problems with straight neck and migraine headaches. Please recommend some exercise.

Query: Hello doctor,I am currently having problems with straight neck and migraine headaches. I am spending around half the day in bed and having a good sleep in the evening. My problem is getting worse, so my X-rays show no deterioration since other times. Can you recommend any exercise or physical therap...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Could you please tell me what you do and how much physical exercise you have in your daily routine?   Read Full »

I have ear pain after using headphones. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday I used earphones which fit directly into ears for a very long-time. Today I am having extreme unbearable pain in back of head and ears. I have stopped using earphones now. Is there a fast fix for this unbearable back head pain? Can I take Disprin (I never take painkillers)? I us...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My understanding and inference is that the pain is not related to the earphones or sound level. This is because of loud noise which usually produces classical symptoms like giddiness, ringing sound in ear, hearing loss, intolerance to loud sounds and some pain in ear. Y...  Read Full »

Is the irritation on the back of my neck due to poor posture?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from irritation on the back of my neck. Sometimes, it extends up to the throat. But, I do not have any problem in speaking or swallowing. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.comI understand that you have some irritation at the back of your neck that extends to your throat sometimes. However, there is no difficulty in swallowing or speaking. The details provided by you are not sufficient enough to make a decisive diagnosis. Please get me the foll...  Read Full »

I have a heavy neck and lifting head when lying is difficult. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old male. I have a very heavy neck from the last seven months. When lying in the supine position, lifting the head up is very difficult (as if something is pulling from behind). While standing and looking up at the ceiling, I get a cracking sound which is quite loud and...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, the disc prolapse is a finding on the MRI. Not to worry about it as it is not causing any compression on the spine or on neural structures. I would like you to do basic neck stretches. Do lots of icing. The most important thing is to maintain your...  Read Full »

I suffer from neck and shoulder pain from three years. What do you suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old female. I have been suffering from neck and shoulder pains almost every single day for about three years now. It occurred suddenly one day very mildly. I just assumed I 'slept wrong' and thought it would go away on its own. The pain has been more on my right side. It...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it seems to be a tight scalene and trapezius muscle on the right side of the neck. You simply need to do self-stretching to get rid of the pain. I suggest the following: Isometric neck contraction and neck stretching towards the left side for 10 ...  Read Full »

I have a benign multinodular goiter. Is there a need for thyroidectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with multinodular goiter and have done FNAC, which turned to be benign. Is there any other way to get rid of the enlargement of the goiter and the nodules? My thyroid is full of them ranging from 0.5 to 0.9 mm. What should I do? I feel lost, and I have a con...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can I see the FNAC (fine needle aspiration), and ultrasound of the thyroid reports? Do you have a family history of thyroid illness? Revert with more information to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist  Read Full »

From my MRI, can you point out what is causing the back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Other than Bell's palsy, I have a problem of back or neck pain now. In fact, this has been going on for a few months now. More recently, the right of the back (lower back and hip) has been causing a lot of pain. I got an MRI of spine done four weeks ago. I am attaching the report here fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your new symptoms, they are due to degenerative changes in your spine that is, wear and tear after usage (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The changes are there in the whole of your spine, maximum at the neck than at the lower back. There is no ...  Read Full »