Neck Exercises

What is the right dose of Gabapentin for nerve pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have prescribed Gabapentin 300 mg three times daily for nerve pain. Does it mean 900 mg a day? Is this the right dose?  Read Full »

Dr. Abhaya Kant Tewari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The dose of Gabapentin has been rightly prescribed as 300 mg three times a day, and the daily dose will come to 900 mg/day. I suggest you take this dose, and if there is any feeling of adverse feeling, you can consult your doctor. 900 mg per day is the correct dose...  Read Full »

Can chiropractic treatment cure back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I have mild back pain for over two years. Also, I feel uncomfortable while walking, a feeling of unbalance and pain in my right leg. I have gone to orthopedician and he recommended for an MRI scan of spine. I have attached the report here. The MRI scan shows mild ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms and I saw the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no worrisome compression on your cord. You should do spinal extension exercises and isometric neck exercises to prevent significant spinal degeneration. The sca...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for left-sided upper back pain.

Query: Hi, I am suffering from left side upper back pain as well as left sided chest pain for the past one year. Day by day it has been increasing. I underwent ECG, Echo and TMT eight months back. All the tests were normal. My lipid profile is as follows:Tryglicerides - 276, LDL - 85, HDL - 28 and tot...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your upper back pain and left sided chest pain might be due to a condition called cervical radiculopathy. It is a condition where the nerves at your neck level get compressed between the neck bones and causes pain in the back of neck or upper back or arm or shoulder or ...  Read Full »

Can headaches result in dizziness and balancing problems?

Query: I'm 29 years age, couple of months ago I had a severe headache, usually I got headaches but for my comfort, I pressed too much of the back of the neck (a gap which connects the head to the neck) I felt that something which traveled from the back of the neck towards temples, from that day I felt dizz...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello.. Your issue is related to upper neck issue... Nothing to worry.. All you need to do is get your neck diagnosed properly by a good physio work on I. Proving mobility of the neck. Good mobilisation of neck and strengthening the muscles will help you overcome this problem.... Things will get no...  Read Full »

Why do I get back pain when I drive long?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last few days, I have trouble to sleep after 4 to 5 AM in the morning as my upper back becomes some sort of frozen and it pains a lot. Even with slight movement, it pains a lot, but it vanishes away as soon as I get up. It does not turn up for the whole day. I am not sure, but I f...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have hit the nail on the head when you said that it could be your long hours of driving that may to blame. Driving itself is not the cause, but the stretch of time you do continuously and the posture you knowingly or unknowingly adopt is the source of symptoms....  Read Full »

Can you please suggest treatment and exercise for back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, A few years back, I suffered from a pinched nerve in my neck and that incapacitated me with severe pain. A chiropractor saved my life and my sanity. I have also been told that I have degenerating vertebrae in the neck area. For several months, I have had recurring pain in my right shou...  Read Full »

Dr. Saswati Nanda

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain and radiation depend on the extent of the disc derangement and the compression of nerve. If the derangement is grade 1 or 2 means mild or moderate, then it can be solved by physiotherapy treatment or chiropractor treatment. But, if the derangement is grade 3 mea...  Read Full »

Is neck straightening a cause for right-sided neck and shoulder pain?

Query: Neck pain on right side and shoulder pain on right side. Occasional shooting pain/soreness down right arm. Last two weeks and still on and off. For the past two weeks I have been having on and off pain on my right side of the neck. Occasionally, there is pain on my shoulder and shooting/throbbing p...  Read Full »

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

Radiologist

Answer: Hi, There is cervical spinal straightening which is usually due to postural abnormality, prolonged stay in front of laptop...etc Good news inter-vertebral discs are healthy so there is no irreversible damage. There is only minimal bulging of the disc at C4-5 and C5-6 which affects right C5 and C6 ...  Read Full »

Why do I get shock sensation in neck with prolonged tab usage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 16-year-old male. For the past few months, I have been getting sudden electric shocks (a little bit more than calm) in my neck when I move it. These are not at all frequent. I get them once in a while. I am not that fit and I use my tab (for studies) while sleeping a bit relaxi...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you described, using the tab for 4-5 hours a day will make your neck bent forward to see the tab continuously for long hours. That might be the reason for your neck pain. As all elders advice, sit straight, keep your books or tab at an elevated location while readin...  Read Full »

Why am I having stiff neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed some worrying symptoms lately. I am a 24-year-old male with no other known condition. I have noticed that the back of my neck feels very stiff and rigid when I sit at my desk with my head bent forward to read or look at the monitor, to the point that I feel the need hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Neck pain seems to be due to strain in the neck muscles when you remained in one position for long duration, I would suggest you to take simple steps to avoid this, take rest for 2 minutes in every 15 to 20 minutes and move your neck side wise and rotate it to right an...  Read Full »

Why did my left shoulder go completely numb after doing some neck stretches?

Query: Hello, I’ve been having symptoms for a long time now, about 6 years. Something constant that I feel is a “pressure” or imbalance on the upper left side of my body. I get brainfog frequently. Other symptoms come and go. Sometimes my upper rib feels tight when inhaling, sometimes I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, After going through the detail you provided, its clearly a symptom of jerk you felt at the gym while excercise. i advice you to stop doing any excercise related to shoulder or neck. take accelofenac paracetamol tablet twice a day fir 3 days and consult in person with any physiotherapist nea...  Read Full »