Neck Exercises

Please suggest treatment for left-sided upper back pain.

Query: Hi, I am suffering from left side upper back pain as well as left sided chest pain for the past one year. Day by day it has been increasing. I underwent ECG, Echo and TMT eight months back. All the tests were normal. My lipid profile is as follows:Tryglicerides - 276, LDL - 85, HDL - 28 and tot...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your upper back pain and left sided chest pain might be due to a condition called cervical radiculopathy. It is a condition where the nerves at your neck level get compressed between the neck bones and causes pain in the back of neck or upper back or arm or shoulder or ...  Read Full »

Can headaches result in dizziness and balancing problems?

Query: I'm 29 years age, couple of months ago I had a severe headache, usually I got headaches but for my comfort, I pressed too much of the back of the neck (a gap which connects the head to the neck) I felt that something which traveled from the back of the neck towards temples, from that day I felt dizz...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello.. Your issue is related to upper neck issue... Nothing to worry.. All you need to do is get your neck diagnosed properly by a good physio work on I. Proving mobility of the neck. Good mobilisation of neck and strengthening the muscles will help you overcome this problem.... Things will get no...  Read Full »

Why do I get back pain when I drive long?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last few days, I have trouble to sleep after 4 to 5 AM in the morning as my upper back becomes some sort of frozen and it pains a lot. Even with slight movement, it pains a lot, but it vanishes away as soon as I get up. It does not turn up for the whole day. I am not sure, but I f...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have hit the nail on the head when you said that it could be your long hours of driving that may to blame. Driving itself is not the cause, but the stretch of time you do continuously and the posture you knowingly or unknowingly adopt is the source of symptoms....  Read Full »

Can you please suggest treatment and exercise for back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, A few years back, I suffered from a pinched nerve in my neck and that incapacitated me with severe pain. A chiropractor saved my life and my sanity. I have also been told that I have degenerating vertebrae in the neck area. For several months, I have had recurring pain in my right shou...  Read Full »

Dr. Saswati Nanda

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain and radiation depend on the extent of the disc derangement and the compression of nerve. If the derangement is grade 1 or 2 means mild or moderate, then it can be solved by physiotherapy treatment or chiropractor treatment. But, if the derangement is grade 3 mea...  Read Full »

Is neck straightening a cause for right-sided neck and shoulder pain?

Query: Neck pain on right side and shoulder pain on right side. Occasional shooting pain/soreness down right arm. Last two weeks and still on and off. For the past two weeks I have been having on and off pain on my right side of the neck. Occasionally, there is pain on my shoulder and shooting/throbbing p...  Read Full »

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

Radiologist

Answer: Hi, There is cervical spinal straightening which is usually due to postural abnormality, prolonged stay in front of laptop...etc Good news inter-vertebral discs are healthy so there is no irreversible damage. There is only minimal bulging of the disc at C4-5 and C5-6 which affects right C5 and C6 ...  Read Full »

Why do I get shock sensation in neck with prolonged tab usage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 16-year-old male. For the past few months, I have been getting sudden electric shocks (a little bit more than calm) in my neck when I move it. These are not at all frequent. I get them once in a while. I am not that fit and I use my tab (for studies) while sleeping a bit relaxi...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you described, using the tab for 4-5 hours a day will make your neck bent forward to see the tab continuously for long hours. That might be the reason for your neck pain. As all elders advice, sit straight, keep your books or tab at an elevated location while readin...  Read Full »

Why am I having stiff neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed some worrying symptoms lately. I am a 24-year-old male with no other known condition. I have noticed that the back of my neck feels very stiff and rigid when I sit at my desk with my head bent forward to read or look at the monitor, to the point that I feel the need hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Neck pain seems to be due to strain in the neck muscles when you remained in one position for long duration, I would suggest you to take simple steps to avoid this, take rest for 2 minutes in every 15 to 20 minutes and move your neck side wise and rotate it to right an...  Read Full »

Why did my left shoulder go completely numb after doing some neck stretches?

Query: Hello, I’ve been having symptoms for a long time now, about 6 years. Something constant that I feel is a “pressure” or imbalance on the upper left side of my body. I get brainfog frequently. Other symptoms come and go. Sometimes my upper rib feels tight when inhaling, sometimes I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, After going through the detail you provided, its clearly a symptom of jerk you felt at the gym while excercise. i advice you to stop doing any excercise related to shoulder or neck. take accelofenac paracetamol tablet twice a day fir 3 days and consult in person with any physiotherapist nea...  Read Full »

I have been having neck pain since I met with an accident. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I involved in a car accident seven years ago. I have been having problems with my neck ever since. I recently consulted an orthopedic specialist and had an MRI done last week. The results are as follow: Multilevel degenerative disc disease with straightening of lordosis. Multilevel bul...  Read Full »

Dr. Tony Magana

Neuro Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The joints of the neck are the discs and the facets. As one ages they wear out. This can be aggravated by accidents. This process can cause pain in two ways. Joint pain in the neck without neurological weakness or numbness. Neurological problems from pressure on the ne...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for burning arms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a writer, so I use my computer a lot. Pretty sure I have a repetitive stress injury. My father has Carpal tunnel, so it would not be a surprise at all if I have something similar. The pain is triggered when I type, and more so when I use my trackball. More than anything, my arm b...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to see that you have persistent symptoms. It is not clear from your description that you actually have any hand symptoms with crampy pain on typing with index thumb and middle fingers most affected as that would fit into a carpal tunnel like picture. If it is ...  Read Full »