Mri Cervical Spine

Can disc hernia cause issues with hands and legs?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a herniated disk in the neck area. Later, my right hand started tingling and the numbness grew more pronounced. I also started having burning pain on the back of both thighs. I have had some muscle twitching down my right arm. I am having accuracy issues with typing now. I had ano...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned herniated disc in your neck region with right upper limb symptoms and also associated bilateral thigh symptoms, which we call as paresthesias. But, my main focus is on the symptom of difficulty in writing, including accuracy issues, which definitely ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for left-sided upper back pain.

Query: Hi, I am suffering from left side upper back pain as well as left sided chest pain for the past one year. Day by day it has been increasing. I underwent ECG, Echo and TMT eight months back. All the tests were normal. My lipid profile is as follows:Tryglicerides - 276, LDL - 85, HDL - 28 and tot...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your upper back pain and left sided chest pain might be due to a condition called cervical radiculopathy. It is a condition where the nerves at your neck level get compressed between the neck bones and causes pain in the back of neck or upper back or arm or shoulder or ...  Read Full »

My chronic shoulder pain and bony protrusion is affecting my daily activities. Please suggest a solution.

Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic shoulder pain on both shoulders but more frequently on the right shoulder. I can feel a small protrusion of bone on my right shoulder when I touch, and it pains only sometimes when I touch that area. I have more pain while lying down, and when I am doing work or lifting...  Read Full »

Dr. Renjit George Marcus

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your pain. Since your pain started after a trauma it is mostly related to that. It can be due to a problem with your shoulder or your cervical spine. But the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of your cervical spine is not showing any neurologic...  Read Full »

I need an opinion regarding my neck x-ray.

Query: Hi doctor, I need an opinion regarding the x-rays of my neck. I met with two car accidents and have chronic neck pain and stiffness. What could be wrong?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I will recommend sending me a detailed history and clinical examination findings as well as I would like to recommend an MRI cervical spine. Flexion and extension views look normal except C4...  Read Full »

I have headache and chest pain. Kindly explain my MRI report.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a headache, back and right chest pain, nausea, vision blur, and dizzy. MRI brain suggest supravermian archanoid cyst (2.2 x 1.6 cm). MRI spine suggest straightening of the cervical spine, scoliosis of the upper dorsal spine, decreased L4-L5 disc space with mild vertebral waist p...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is fine about the report. Please explain the symptoms that you are suffering from. Then I will explain about the report.  Read Full »

Is arm numbness a symptom of cervical disc bulge?

Query: Hi doctor, My right arm is numb from the elbow to the wrist and sometime I feel like getting electric shock inside. About 29 years ago, I got my C4/C5 lower disc removed. I have neck and back pain too and for which I am taking Lyrica now. I had an MRI and the report is as follows. Tight cervical sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Piyush Jakal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your complaints it is clear that you are suffering from prolapsed intervertebral disc in cervical region. The prolapsed disc is compressing your spinal nerve roots of arm. I request you to kindly attach MRI images. Most likely it appears from your symptoms that you w...  Read Full »

Why is my sister having pain in head?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly go through the MRI report of my sister. She is experiencing pain in head. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is of the cervical spine. She has a disc bulge in the cervical spine due to which there will be pain in the neck and the upper limbs. Pain in the upper limbs may or may not be associated with tingli...  Read Full »

I have intermittent cervical pain even after physiotherapy treatment. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Last year started to work out in the gym for six months and made good gains in strength-wise and stamina wise. After some months, my left arm became very hard and painful while doing weights. Later cervical pain also started. And because of it, I have stopped my gym activity completel...  Read Full »

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

Neurologist, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your symptoms, and it seems at second levels of the upper neck, a cervical region the disc bulges are pressing on C4, C5, C6 roots, and incidentally, it supplies shoulder girdle as well upper arm muscles including biceps. The paraesthesia, what we call for...  Read Full »

Why are lymph nodes swollen and painful after atlas adjustment?

Query: Hello doctor, Three days ago, I had my atlas adjusted and now for two days, the lymph nodes (cervical lymph nodes) in my neck have been extremely painful and swollen for the last two days. I have no fever or other symptoms. Should I be concerned? I had my atlas which was supposedly two degrees off ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What I see there might be some changes in the muscles which may have led to compression over the lymph nodes? Few basic things to ask before I proceed. Are you having pain in the neck? Is the pain sharp shooting or dull aching? Are you feeling any kind of muscle tigh...  Read Full »

Does the attached MRI show any sign of cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I need to have my mother’s MRI read by a radiologist. Her doctor ordered her to have an MRI done and she had one done yesterday. My mother has had neck pain for at least a year now and her doctor believes the problem is arthritis, but not sure. My mother went to a physical th...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read through your query in detail and have gone through the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please find my observations below. There is straightening of the cervical spine. Mild degenerative changes are noted in the vertebrae. There are mi...  Read Full »