Q. I have pain in my eyes and a bad taste in my mouth. Please help.

Dr. Mohammad Rajja
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 07, 2021

I am having pain in my eyes. The taste of my mouth irritates me a lot and I am not having an urge to eat anything. I think that my body is hot but I am not having a fever.

#

The most common reason for having a bad taste in your mouth is due to poor oral hygiene. Improper brushing and flossing can cause gingivitis. It can cause a bad taste in your mouth. Dental problems such as infections, abscesses, and eruption of wisdom teeth can also cause bad taste. Xerostomia occurs when your salivary gland is unable to produce enough saliva. It can cause a dry sticky feeling inside the mouth. Respiratory issues like congestion, earache, sore throat, and hepatitis B and C (viral infection of the liver) can also show an early symptom with a bitter taste in your mouth. You can take tablet Etoricoxib 120 mg one tablet once a day for ten days, tablet Loratidine 10 mg one tablet thrice a day for ten days and use Ciprofloxacin eye drops. Use it thrice a day on the eyes for ten days.

|