Q. Why do I have bad breath even after maintaining proper oral hygiene?

Dr. Honey Arora
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I notice I have bad breath no matter how well I maintain proper teeth hygiene. What can help me in this regard?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

• Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can occur due to a number of causes like poor oral hygiene, oral and dental infections, postnasal drip, sinusitis, acid reflux, respiratory infections, diabetes, etc.
  • You should consult an oral physician or an otolaryngologist and get evaluated as a thorough clinical evaluation depending upon suspected causes can help in your treatment. Treatment of the underlying cause will relieve the symptoms.
  • As of now, you should start gargling with a flavored mouthwash twice a day. You should chew a flavored sugar-free chewing gum. Do warm saline gargles twice a day.
  • You also need to limit the intake of high aroma foods like onion and garlic. Drink plenty of water and maintain a good oral hygiene.

Hope this helps. Regards.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|