Q. Can I use Benzodiazepine for a longer period?

Answered by Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Do you have a question on Benzodiazepine or Clonazepam? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 29 years old male, with height 5' 10" and weight 75 kgCurrently, I am on

1. Clonazepam 2 mg one tablet during the night.

2. Trazine-S half tablet during night.

I have been suffering from a borderline personality disorder (BPD) along with symptoms of anxiety, panic disorder, extreme irritability, anger, and so on. So for that, I have been prescribed with the above medicines for the past seven months. Came to know that Benzodiazepines like Clonazepam should not be consumed for more than a month, but in my case, I have been drinking it for more than seven months. The doctor is not tapering off the dosage either. So is it safe to continue? What shall I do? Kindly help.