Q. My mom has a black spot in her eye with drooping eyelids. What could it be?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

My mother is 63 years old. Her weight is 60 kg and her height is 5'2''. For the last two-three days, she was getting an eye burn. Yesterday, she felt like a sand particle inside her left eye. Also, dropping of the eyelid. So today we started putting some over the counter eye drop. While putting drop we noticed a black mark inside the white of her eye. Is it a matter of concern?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Hi

I have seen the picture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

This appears to be a mole. By seeing her eyelids it appears a bit swollen so can be a mild infection.

Start Moxifloxacin eye drop six times a day for seven days, Refresh tears eye drop six times a day for seven days, FML-T (Tobramycin, Fluromethalone acetate) eye drop three times a day for seven days. Take tablet Cefixime 200 mg twice daily for three days (kindly rule out any allergies beforehand), Occupol eye ointment (Chloramphenicol and Polymyxin-C sulfate) at bedtime.

| 

The black mark is just a mole and nothing to worry about, right?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

No, it does not appear dangerous. Signs to seek medical checkup is change in size, shape, and color of the mole. It seems a benign (non-dangerous) lesion. If any of the above-mentioned signs appear, please consult a doctor in person.

| 

Do you see any abnormality in the attached EEG report?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an EEG done and the results were abnormal. I have attached the reports. What do the results mean? Can I be treated? If yes, then how? I take Aripiprazole, Fluoxetine, and Oxybutynin. I am diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and urinary incontinence. When I was a child (2 or 3 years ...  Read Full »

My eyes are red and I have a tiny white dot in my eyes. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor,About a week ago, I started feeling like an eyelash was inside my eye, and I rubbed my eye all day until I reached home. I could see my eye was very red, and around the cornea, there was a tiny white dot, the discomfort did not stop. A week later now I have one more dot, and my eyes are...  Read Full »

Why has the automatic blinking stopped in my child?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 16 years old. He is myopic with the approximate power in left eye being -5.5 spherical and cylindrical - 0.5, right eye being -6 spherical and cylindrical - 0.75. Since the last few days (4 to 5 days) he is facing a problem in his eyes. He feels his automatic blinking has st...  Read Full »