Q. Shall I continue with Normaxin for bloating?

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2019

I was diagnosed with erosive gastritis two years back and my latest endoscopy shows that it has been completely treated. But over the course of taking PPI, I noticed undigested stool and a feel of bloating even after taking medication. My doctor prescribed Sibofix, Darolac and Normaxin for a month as he said it might be a case of IBS. But, I do not have diarrhea, stomach pain or anything. It is just gas irrespective of empty stomach or after eating. I belch all the time. My endoscopy, stool culture, blood test, T3, T4, TSH, BP and sugar were normal. Can I take Normaxin for two more months as it helps a bit? Please advice regarding my situation. It would be a tremendous help. Thank you.

#

I read your query and understood your problem.

• You can try tablet Esomac L (Esomeprazole) one tablet once daily before food for a month.
  • Also, take tablet Normaxin (combination of Chlordiazepoxide and Clidinium) one tablet twice daily after food for a month.
  • Please discontinue Sibofix (Rifaximin) and Darolac (Lactic acid).

CBC (complete blood count) and LFT (liver function tests).

Dyspepsia (indigestion).

1. Avoid spicy food, cabbage, cauliflower and salad.
2. Avoid stress.

Revert back after 15 days to a medical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Normaxin really helped and my stomach problems were relieved. But after discontinuation, I have cramps, gas, mild pain, feeling of incomplete evacuation with moderate constipation. I take Esomac daily. What to do?

#

Continue Normaxin for one month as it helps in dyspepsia.

|