Q. Other than medicines, how can I control my blood sugar?

Answered by Dr. Pooja Pardhi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Blood Glucose Level or Hypertension? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 53 year old male. My height is 5'7" and weight is 96 kg. I am diabetic since 15 years and have BP for the past 20 years. Along with this, I have bipolar since birth.

Hence, taking psychiatric medicine too. I am on Lantus 20 units in the night and NovoRapid 10 units before lunch. Taking Glycigon 80 mg twice a day and LN Bloc 20 mg for BP. This is not controlling my blood sugar.

Blood sugar is around 200 in fasting and 280 after lunch. I am functioning well due to bipolar disorder medicines. Kindly suggest.