Q. Please give me a detailed analysis of the test reports.

Dr. Prathap
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 20, 2021

I am 37 years old. My weight is 72 kg and height is 5'5". About a month back, my BP was 120/80 mmHg. I do not have any major complaints except for occasional gas or acidity or indigestion. Sometimes there is a sharp pain in the lower portion of legs, especially in the ankle and heels. I am a non-smoker, and I do not drink alcohol. I have taken some blood tests as preventive health checkup. I want a detailed analysis of the test reports with the prescription for any required medicines, lifestyle changes as well as suggested diet plans. Occasionally, I take Rantac 150 and Vitazyme syrup. I am not on any medicine on a regular basis.

#

First I would like to appreciate your awareness on the health.

• Coming to your reports, (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your lipid profile seems to be abnormal which is of concern.
  • High triglycerides, cholesterol and LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol is risky, at your age. You can adapt dietary measures and exercise to decrease those values. 
  • Also, decrease the content of saturated fatty acids and avoid trans fatty acids. 
  • Decrease high-calorie diet in your food, avoid junk foods, do a regular physical activity of at least 30 minutes a day.
  • Your vitamin D is lower which happens to be common in Indians. For that, you can use some calcium and vitamin D tablets. 
  • The thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) of greater than five is to be treated under certain circumstances only. You have to get some more tests to decide whether to treat or not.
  • If you have any symptoms of abnormal weight gain, loss of appetite, hair loss, etc., then you need to be treated. 

1. TPO (thyroperoxidase) antibodies.
2. Free T4 levels.
3. ECG.

1. I suggest you take Calcium-vitamin D3 tablet once a day in the afternoon. Please consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent.
2. Regular physical activity.
3. Diet plan as advised.

Revert back with the investigations reports to a general medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|