Q. Please give me a detailed analysis of the test reports.

Answered by
Dr. Prathap
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 20, 2021

Hello doctor,

I am 37 years old. My weight is 72 kg and height is 5'5". About a month back, my BP was 120/80 mmHg. I do not have any major complaints except for occasional gas or acidity or indigestion. Sometimes there is a sharp pain in the lower portion of legs, especially in the ankle and heels. I am a non-smoker, and I do not drink alcohol. I have taken some blood tests as preventive health checkup. I want a detailed analysis of the test reports with the prescription for any required medicines, lifestyle changes as well as suggested diet plans. Occasionally, I take Rantac 150 and Vitazyme syrup. I am not on any medicine on a regular basis.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

First I would like to appreciate your awareness on the health.

  • Coming to your reports, (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your lipid profile seems to be abnormal which is of concern.
  • High triglycerides, cholesterol and LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol is risky, at your age. You can adapt dietary measures and exercise to decrease those values. 
  • Also, decrease the content of saturated fatty acids and avoid trans fatty acids. 
  • Decrease high-calorie diet in your food, avoid junk foods, do a regular physical activity of at least 30 minutes a day.
  • Your vitamin D is lower which happens to be common in Indians. For that, you can use some calcium and vitamin D tablets. 
  • The thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) of greater than five is to be treated under certain circumstances only. You have to get some more tests to decide whether to treat or not.
  • If you have any symptoms of abnormal weight gain, loss of appetite, hair loss, etc., then you need to be treated. 

Investigations to be done:

1. TPO (thyroperoxidase) antibodies.
2. Free T4 levels.
3. ECG.

Treatment plan:

1. I suggest you take Calcium-vitamin D3 tablet once a day in the afternoon. Please consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent.
2. Regular physical activity.
3. Diet plan as advised.

Regarding follow up:

Revert back with the investigations reports to a general medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What can be done for sudden chest and back pain?

Your total cholesterol or HDL ratio is high ... This means that you should make some diet modifications in order to reduce cholesterol levels ...   Read full

My ECG is normal and heart rate is high. Please advise.

.. heart rate, it is fine to have a resting heart rate of 75 to 84 beats per minute. It does not signify any major abnormalities. Exercise, stress, anxiety, smoking, caffeine can certainly lead to pulse rate elevation. So, as you mentioned, your ECG ...   Read full

I am suffering from acidity and uneasiness when I take spicy food. Please help.

Hi doctor, My baby is 2 months old. He is suffering from omphalitis, which appeared after 24 hours of birth. He had artificial respiration thrice. He was in the ICU for one month. Also, he had a kidney function disorder and blood breaks. He went thro...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

7 Days COVID Care
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19 Vaccines
COVID-19 vaccines can be a real lifesaver. Read this to know the answers to the common questions and doubts on COVID-19 ...  Read more»
Female Sexual Arousal Disorder: Break the Shackles and Seek Help!!
This article throws light on Female Sexual Interest/Arousal Disorder, a common but least discussed sexual health topic a...  Read more»
Covaxin Vs Covishield
The coronavirus vaccines, Covaxin and Covishield, have received a green signal for restricted emergency use in India. In...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a General Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.