Q. What does my blood report for autoimmune disease show?

Dr. Tarek Algamal
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 15, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2019

I received CBC and CMP blood test results. Info points to kidney issues but dismissed as nothing by my doctor. I would like your opinion. Key points outside normal range: WBC 12.66, hematocrit 45, eosinophils .5, absolute neutrophils 8.76, absolute monocytes .91, BUN 26, creatinine 1.4, calcium 10.6, EGFR 58.29. Note that tests were performed for autoimmune disease.

#

Attached investigations do not show evidence of autoimmune condition (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But it shows some impairment in kidney functions as GFR is lower than normal and creatinine is 1.4. This could be an effect of longstanding hypertension or due to another factor. My opinion is to investigate this renal impairment further by doing the albumin/creatinine ratio in urine and kidney ultrasound. Make sure you are hydrated well and try to lose weight as osteoarthritis may come also from obesity.

|