Q. What does my blood report for autoimmune disease show?

Dr. Tarek Algamal

I received CBC and CMP blood test results. Info points to kidney issues but dismissed as nothing by my doctor. I would like your opinion. Key points outside normal range: WBC 12.66, hematocrit 45, eosinophils .5, absolute neutrophils 8.76, absolute monocytes .91, BUN 26, creatinine 1.4, calcium 10.6, EGFR 58.29. Note that tests were performed for autoimmune disease.

Do you have a question on Blood Tests or Autoimmune Disorder?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Tarek Algamal

MASTER DEGREE MSC., NEPHROLOGY SPECIALIST., NEPHROLOGY SPECIALIST
Nephrology

Attached investigations do not show evidence of autoimmune condition (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But it shows some impairment in kidney functions as GFR is lower than normal and creatinine is 1.4. This could be an effect of longstanding hypertension or due to another factor. My opinion is to investigate this renal impairment further by doing the albumin/creatinine ratio in urine and kidney ultrasound. Make sure you are hydrated well and try to lose weight as osteoarthritis may come also from obesity.

Is it necessary to take medicine for ankylosing spondylitis whole life?
Query: Hello doctor, My age is 27 now. When I was in 14 years old, a severe hip joint pain started and the doctor diagnosed it as septic arthritis and operated right hip joint to remove fluid. Then the pain was gone. After three years, again pain started and I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis by ...  Read Full >>
Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is an autoimmune disorder which actually has no treatment. You need to take medications when there is a flare-up of the disease. In between when you have no symptoms then you can stop the drug. You have not mentioned about your hip pain right now. You need to keep ...  Read Full

My daughter has swollen lymph nodes and positive ANA. Please provide opinion.
Query: Hello doctor,My daughter, 15 years, has swollen lymph nodes. Biopsy done. It is non-malignant. No TB. But ANA has come positive. I would like to share the reports and take your opinion.  Read Full >>
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a possibility of autoimmune disorder with underlying ANA and large lymph nodes. It is a good thing the malignancy is ruled out. But I would like to see the detailed biopsy report as well to be sure where we are heading. As for ANA positive, I would like to ...  Read Full

Please suggest some measures to get pregnant?
Query: Hi doctor, From last two years we are trying to conceive and recently my wife had SM test. The result of the prolactin blood test is 9.89 ng/mL and TSH is 2.84. The FSH result is 6.83 mlU/mL. Also the luteinizing hormone range is 3.83 mlU/ml and right ovary adnexal is 38 mm x 24 mm. Please explain ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Her blood tests are normal, but her scan result is confusing. So, please send the complete scan report. Have you done your semen analysis? If not, then get it done by a reputed laboratory and send me the report. There should be three to four days abstinence before givin...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now