Q. Why is the hardness and bruise caused by a domestic accident not fading?

Dr. Isaac Gana

I hurt my leg as a cupboard fell on my legs, and I have a bruise around 20 cm in diameter. The hardness in my leg is still there. Why is the hardness not going away? Is it normal? Please help me?

#

Sorry to hear about the domestic accident. Please reply to the following questions.

1) How long has it been since you had the bruise?

2) How deep is the wound?

3) Is it still bleeding?

4) It will normally take a few days before the hardening disappears. Can you zoom in and take a picture of the bruise?

I have gone through the remaining test results (The reports are removed to protect the patient's identity). Most of the results are good except for the cholesterol/HDL (high-density lipoprotein) ratio. Yours is 4:8, which is considerably high. This will increase your chance of coronary heart disease.

I would suggest you put in serious measures to reduce your weight and the change your diet. Your target weight should be dropping at least 14 kilos by the end of the year. Regular exercise of minimum three times a week, cardio for 30 minutes or longer. Ensure to eat more vegetables in a ratio of 25% carbohydrates, 25% protein, and 50% veggies and nuts. You will be fine. Best regards.

Thank you for your response.

Please can you advise which levels are good and also what is a healthy level for cholesterol/HDL. Having this level elevated does it mean that I have heart disease?

#

Generally, levels below four are good and will reduce your chances of heart disease. Your levels are high; it does not mean you have coronary heart disease. You might have or might be at risk. Please answer the following questions,

1) Have you experienced any chest pain that radiates to other parts of your body, like your back and arm?

2) Do you get dizziness sometimes?

3) Any palpitations?

4) Any pain or discomfort in your arms?

|