Q. I have lumps on my penis that are increasing in size. Kindly help.

Answered by
Dr. Nagaraj Patil
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 11, 2021

Hello doctor,

I have small lumps on the base of my penis. I am not sure about the duration of the lumps, but I feel like they are increasing in size. I am sexually active with my partner for three years.

Kindly help me know what it is.




Welcome to

I understand your concerns.

I have gone through the pictures you sent (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). I need more information to comment anything on them. Kindly let me know the answers for the following;

1) When did you notice them?

2) Do they pain or itch?

3) Do you have any fever now or in the recent past?

4) Do they burst open or disappear by themselves?

5) If they burst open, do they ooze any fluid?

6) Any such lesions elsewhere in your body?

7) Are there similar lesions on your partner's private parts?

8) Do they pop up if you shave the area?


Hello doctor,

Thanks for your reply.

The answers are as follows;

1) Started noticing them probably a few months ago.

2) There is no pain or itch.

3) No history of fever.

4) They do not burst, it is like they are just skin, but they do not exactly look like skin tags.

5) No, they do not ooze any substance.

6) No similar lesions in my body.

7) No, she has a couple of skin tags but no lumps.

8) When I shave the area, I guess it pops up.




Welcome back to

Thanks for those answers.

For me, they look like either molluscum or HPV (human papilloma virus) infection. Both of them are sexually transmitted infections. There are a variety of HPV strains that can cause diseases. Commonly many are infected but do not show any symptoms like rashes in private areas. Such people are asymptomatic carriers but can transmit the infection to others. Both the infections mentioned above have a high probability in your case.

However, do not panic.

They are very common and resolve with proper treatment without severe consequences. I suggest you visit your dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. Diagnosis can be made by examining the lesions and content of the lesions under magnifying glass or microscope is required. If anyone of them is confirmed, ensure that you and your partner take the treatment simultaneously. Duration and type of treatment depend on the diagnosis.

Take care.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Will candidiasis cause red bumps on penis after sex?

.. be candidiasis or some allergic reaction. You can apply Miconazole cream locally twice daily for about 10 days and see. If it increases or recurs, see a doctor. Please use a condom until both of you are adequately treated, to prevent cross infecti...   Read full

What can cause itchy bumps on penis that cluster together?

.. noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have genital molluscum contagiosum. It is an STD (sexually transmitted disease). They can be removed with electrocautery or radiofrequency caute...   Read full

Is there a chance to get HIV or molluscum from a single unprotected sex?

But, in your case it is sexual as the molluscum is present in the genital area ... Yes, there are chances in any case presenting with molluscum over genital area ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»
Nighttime Skin Routine for Clear Skin
A skin that gets all the attention during the day requires a chance to repair, rejuvenate and replenish from day damage ...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a General Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.